SIZING, CARE AND DESCRIPTION GUIDE
Vintage garments can vary from the standardised clothing sizes of today. As such, while we will, where possible, state the sizing listed on the original garment tags, we also measure each item and provide these descriptions to ensure you have the right information to inform your buying decision.
See below for details on how we measure our products here at MDAM Vintage.
- We measure all our items laid flat out. Measurements are always taken in inches and we give the half measurement - measured across the front of a garment - for Chest, Waist and Waistband.
- Bust/Chest: Measured pit to pit. Garment is laid flat and measured from one under armpit to the other across the front of the garment. Please double this figure for full chest size.
- Waist: Measured on the waistband or at the narrowest point on the waist of a garment. Garment is laid flat and measured across the front. Please double this figure for a full waist size.
- Waistband: Measured at the bottom of a garment, generally around the hip area. If there is a tight or significant waistband that would affect sizing, we include this measurement. Garment is laid flat and measured across the front. Please double this figure for a full waistband size.
- Sleeve: Measured from the top of the shoulder seam to the end of the cuff on the sleeve of the garment. This is how we measure most sleeves unless there is no distinct shoulder seam i.e. batwing jumpers.
- Alternative sleeve: Measured pit to cuff. Where there is no distinct shoulder seam to measure from the top of the sleeve we take the measurement from the seam underneath the sleeve to the end of the cuff.
Due to the nature of vintage and pre-worn items, our stock may show signs of wear. However, any flaws are always noted as well as full measurements and composition in the product description. We encourage you to read and consider these descriptions carefully when deciding which items to buy.
Our aim is to bring you only the highest quality clothing in excellent condition. Where it is possible all our items are washed either by hand or in a washing machine. Where it is not possible, either due to the nature of the fabric, the age and/or composition of the piece, we steam the garment thoroughly with a water and disinfectant mix.